Pages


Sunday, January 21, 2018

Tied Up In Strings

Yet another week has passed when I have been lured by the call of scraps to play and not work on the baby quilt for my One Monthly Goal project.  Kat and Cat Quilts is having her annual String Fling block challenge for Covered In Love.  This is a wonderful way to donate blocks or quilts to a special cause run by Kat.  She's a nurse who distributes quilts to grieving families in the East Texas hospital where she works with patients near the end of their lives.  I'm always on the lookout for ways to use up scraps and this is a "win/win" situation.  I lower my giant scrap pile and quilts go to people who are experiencing sorrow in their lives and can use a warm hug.  Do stop by her blog and read about her work and donate some blocks.  The drive runs through January and February and she is offering 2 jelly rolls as ways to tempt you to help.

I have finished 20 blocks so far and they are definitely addictive.


I'll be whooping it up with Sarah and lots of other great quilters at Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Quilting Is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap.  Go over and take a look at what everybody else is working on.

12 comments:

  1. Pretty string blocks for a great cause! I have those on my list for this week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your string blocks are so pretty, I especially love the red and beige ones. I gathered 2 bags of strings in my quest this month of taming the scrap bins, so I will be making some string blocks too. I do find they make me so much more scraps thru the trimming of the blocks, but tis time I have matured and may just toss them. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two VERY different sets of blocks there!! Both will be wonderful working into Kat's mixed bag of strings. I have to remember to mail off my block this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your string blocks look terrific! I want to make another string quilt sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are pretty! I especially like the red and yellow blocks -- the red really draws the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your strings are just beautiful and for such a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  7. String blocks are my favorite! It always amazes me how different they can look just by changing fabrics. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job!! I also really enjoy Kat's annual CIL string block request. It's the 2nd year now where I've donated a bunch of blocks to her but also made an entire quilt top for home. I also have a blue one planned for later this month into next. These are so addictive!!
    I love both of your color choices but the brown and red are a particularly fun combination!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful strings, and thanks for the reminder about Kat's drive - I think I'll mention it on Scrappy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll have to give this a go...thanks for bringing it to our attention!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I keep thinking that if I come to the blogs that string blocks are featured that it will motivate me to really get to work on my own string blocks.
    I must figure out how to have enough time in the day to do it all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your string blocks look awesome! I made 20 blocks for Kat and Cat this month, too! What a great cause.

    ReplyDelete

I am interested in what you have to say so please leave a comment.