Pages


Sunday, January 28, 2018

Rainbow Scrap Challenge and More String Blocks

I promised myself that I would sew something other than string blocks for the Covered In Love String Fling this week.  It was a lot harder to resist than I thought it would be.  I made 35 string blocks.  The Rainbow Scrap Challenge at So Scrappy used light blue for January, but I had to sneak some medium blue into the 7 blue string blocks.  I also made a  Dresden Plate block with 3.5 inch blades.  I didn't fasten it to a fabric base.  I am waiting until I have all of the blocks finished so I can decide where each color will be placed.
These are the rest of the string blocks I made this week. 



I won some lovely scraps from Erica at Kitchen Table Quilting.  Many of them were 2 inch strips so I immediately used them in my string blocks.
I really enjoyed making the string blocks and will probably continue making them throughout February.  Hopefully, my scrap pile will be a few inches lower by the time March arrives.
I am linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge at So Scrappy and Oh Scrap! at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework

6 comments:

  1. You really went string happy!! Super number of blocks for the drive. I've not made a dresdan in a long time, and never with the inside of the blade done too - very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making string blocks! I know Kat will appreciate your support. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love string blocks but I haven't been spending any time at them at all. :( Your Dresden Plate looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your string blocks.......well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilts! I can't wait to see your string quilt finished - it's so pretty!

    บาคาร่าออนไลน์
    Gclub

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow !!! beautiful and so lovely work :) i really like your good idea so much.Thank for sharing.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

I am interested in what you have to say so please leave a comment.