Pages


Saturday, January 6, 2018

One Monthly Finish

When I wrote my last blog post on January 2, 2017, I sincerely believed that I would be creating lots of great quilts.  I thought I would be posting regularly and featuring lots of pictures of my work.  I was wrong!  I did not complete one thing in 2017.

I did start a few new projects, but I found it difficult to track my progress, or lack there of, as easily as using the blog and a record of what I was doing.  I'm not sure how many online quilt alongs, BOMs, or group activities I will take part in, but the first thing I am committing to is One Monthly Goal at Elm Street Quilts.

I'm not going to beat myself up about the amounts of UFOs  that lurk in my sewing room.  I am hoping to finish one project a month, whether it is new or old.  This month, I will be working on a quilt for the new baby daughter of my husband's godchild.  The pattern is Baby Go Fly A Kite by Dragonfly Fibers.  I've wanted to try making a low volume quilt so I chose the butterfly print from Tanya Whelan's, Zoey's Garden in the pink tone and the white.  I  found that  I needed something to break it up a bit, so I chose a green and white polka dot. 


The blocks are finished.  There will be a 1.5 inch border of the green dot and a four inch border primarily made of the pink print with some of the white print squares pieced in.  You'll have to trust me that the quilt looks a lot better in person.  The lighting in my dining room does nothing to flatter it.  The quilt finishes at 44 inches square.  I'm linking up my baby quilt at One Monthly Goal at Elm Street Quilts.

8 comments:

  1. Very lovely blocks. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely soft looking quilt. What are you hoping to get done? I'm still waffling on my January goal... I'm sure I'll decide soon. I try to pick ufos and finish them. I hope you find OMG very motivating. I do. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to see you back. One monthly goal is a good way to start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! Her prints are so pretty, and the green polka dot is the perfect companion for it. Glad to see you back blogging - don't be gone so long next time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Katie, thanks for visiting my blog. I love your sweet, low volume quilt, looking forward to seeing your progress. Since we're both OMG newbies we can cheer each other on :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The butterflies look cute and the project sounds resonable. So good luck with your OMG.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katie! I am glad to see you! I need to follow your lead and get started again. I hope 2018 is good to you :)

    ReplyDelete

I am interested in what you have to say so please leave a comment.